Level 1 Part-time Wednesdays 2pm - 5pm
Time & Location
About the Event
Level 1 Part-time course
This course delivered essentially the same content as our flagship Summer Intensive Programme. Offered on a wartime basis, this course allows our students to learn Arabic with less of a disruption to their busy lives. Having said that, this is still pretty intensive programme compared to any other part-time course offered anywhere in the UK. It covers the equivalent of the first year of an Arabic degree at most British universities. Our students would be expected spend 3-5 hours completing exercises outside the class every week.
By the end of this course students should:
- be capable of reading, writing and speaking using up to a thousand individual Arabic words.
- be able read a classical text like the Qur’an and understand upto 70% of it.
- capable of general conversation in common situations.
- have a good understanding of all the common areas of Arabic grammar.
- be familiar with the ten forms of the Arabic verb and be capable of using a traditional Arabic dictionary by identifying the trilateral or quadrilateral roots of Arabic words.
As a bonus, most students gain an insight and appreciation for English grammatical concepts too.
This course would be invaluable for anyone interested in pursuing Arabic for religious or academic purposes or to gain admission onto our Level 2 courses.
Wednesdays: 2pm to 5pm
Starting from Wednesday 10 October 2018.
Please note: Ibn Jabal Institute is a registered charity and out primary goal is the promotion of the Arabic language. All the proceeds from our courses is used is used for that purpose. We do not want our fees to deter anyone who is genuinely unable to afford pay. If you are in such a situation, then please contact us for possible further concessions.